[Histonet] Shrinkage

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Mon Feb 22 15:10:17 CST 2016

LOL...Shrinkage...heh, heh.
But seriously, there should be little to no gross shrinkage from formalin fixation and if the specimen is properly fixed, then there should be very little gross shrinkage as it is dehydrated.  That is supposed to be the point!  If someone is getting 30% shrinkage, there is something seriously wrong with their processing schedule.
Sincerely, Terri
Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor

Today's Topics: