[Histonet] Decal following ISH?

Thomas, Nancy nto at stowers.org
Tue Dec 20 07:10:19 CST 2016

Hello all,
I received whole mount samples in 70% ethanol for paraffin processing.  The samples are snail embryos and the researcher already did in-situ on them.   Because they are of varying ages, some of the shells will section without decal, but some will need it.  However, this step was not done before the ISH staining.  Does anyone know if decalcification can follow an ISH procedure?  I have searched a few protocols online, and each of them did the decal before hybridization.  I have not yet found one where the decal followed the procedure.   My plan is to start with one embryo and try it to see what happens.  Maybe the signal will remain, or maybe not.  Has anyone done it this way and know the answer before I try?
Thank you,

Nancy Thomas
Senior Lab Manager, Histology Core
Stowers Institute for Medical Research