[Histonet] Disposal of Processor

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Thu Aug 11 17:07:45 CDT 2016

Fawn, equipment we dispose of (ie, surplus for sale) we just have to clean it. For a tissue processor we would run a cleaning cycle, clean up the outside of crud and it is good to go. There is no infectious contamination issue. We signoff on  a form that it has been decontaminated. It is similar to a form we sign if a piece of equipment has to be shipped to a vendor factory for repair (like an embedding center or cryostat).

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center