[Histonet] Markers to label tissue cassettes and slides

Weiss, Tammy tammy_weiss at fws.gov
Fri Apr 22 08:58:10 CDT 2016

Hi Carolyn,

Our facility currently uses  *VWR Chemically Resistant Markers (Cat.#
95042-566)*.  I have tried numerous markers over the last 15-20 years and
have found these markers to be the most consistant, smudge-free and remain
dark after the staining procedure.  Oddly enough, certain markers appear to
stay on better with different cassettes and different clearants. I have
found that if I change to a different cassette, I often have to change
markers. Our facility uses Propar Clearant  from Anatech Ltd (we don't use
Xylene as the clearant) and Simport Histosette 1 (#M490-3). Hope this
helps! Tammy

Tammy Weiss
Fish Biologist-Histology Dept.
Bozeman Fish Health Center