[Histonet] Microtome suggestions

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 10:58:59 CDT 2015

For large specimens you need a "horizontal" or sledge microtome. Leitz (Leica) manufactures the best, but you could try an OMS from Reichert although I am not sure they stll are manufactured because Leica swallowed Reichert some years ago.Another alternative, and probably even better than the Leitz (Leica), is a Spencer (American Optical) sliding microtome Model 860 For me this is the best all-around ever manufactured sliding microtome and not too long ago a saw one for sale in e-Bay. Why don't you try looking for it. It will be much cheaper than any modern horizontal microtome and far better than any new one.René J.