[Histonet] Pipettes

Abbott, Tanya TanyaAbbott <@t> catholichealth.net
Thu Mar 26 14:24:15 CDT 2015

CAP checklist ANP.23085 refers to Pipettes "that are used for quantitative dispensing of material are checked for accuracy and reproducibility at least annually, and results documented."
We perform our Special Stains by hand. So we use disposable, glass, Non Class A pipettes. About 15 in a bag. We obviously do not check these one by one for reproducibility. I did call CAP and although he tried to be helpful, I still am confused!  Any suggestions on how anyone else handles this?
Thanks in advance,
Tanya

Tanya G. Abbott
Manager Technologist
Histology/Cytology
St Joseph Medical Center
(phone) 610-378-2635

This email and attachments contain information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender at once and delete this message completely from your information system. Further use, disclosure, or copying of information contained in this email is not authorized, and any such action should not be construed as a waiver of privilege or other confidentiality protections.