[Histonet] Phosphotungstic acid

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Wed Mar 25 09:11:48 CDT 2015

PTA can be used on tiny specimens to enhance electron-opacity. For light microscopy, PTA is used in the trichrome methods to enhance differential staining of collagen and cytoplasm, especially in paraffin sections. These uses of PTA are not the same as "soak formalin fixed soft tissue for a few hours before it gets processed". What are you hoping to achieve?

John Kiernan
London, Canada
= = =