[Histonet] axolotl lymphatics

John Kiernan jkiernan at uwo.ca
Tue Jul 28 11:06:29 CDT 2015

Instead of an antibody, you might consider enzyme activity histochemistry, which is much less expensive.
Demonstration of 5-nucleotidase activity in the presence of levamisole detects lymphatic endothelium. Sections can also be stained for alkaline phosphatase activity in the endothelium of blood vessels. Here are a few references.

Kato, S., Yasunaga, A. and Uchida, U. (1991). Enzyme-histochemical method for identification of lymphatic capillaries. Lymphology 24:125-129.
Ohkuma, M. (1994). Simultaneous double staining for the blood and lymphatic capillary. Lymphology 27, Suppl:106-107.
Okada, E. (1994). An improved enzyme-histochemical method for identification of lymphatic capillaries on paraffin sections. Lymphology 27, Suppl:732-735.
Ji, R.C. and Kato, S. (2003). Lymphatic network and lymphangiogenesis in the gastric wall. Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry 51:331-338.

Needless to say, none of these relate to amphibian tissues!

John Kiernan
Anatomy, UWO, London, Canada
= = =