[Histonet] Document control

Rob Day rob <@t> foliobio.com
Sat Feb 21 10:59:12 CST 2015

Have you looked at a scientific document management system / ELN like CERF that includes the capacity to manage controlled documents and protocols?

> On Feb 21, 2015, at 11:06 AM, Brandi <brandihisto <@t> hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> My lab manager & I are unhappy with our current document control system. We currently have the lab director sign on the last page of each procedure. This can get fairly long and then we have to keep each page to prove that it was signed. We also list all documents in a spreadsheet and document last revised/approved date. We went on a CAP inspection last year and was impressed with their process. They keep a spreadsheet at the front of all procedure manuals, listing each procedure and the lab director signs by each procedure. Our question with changing to that system is how to use the spreadsheet when you have more than one revision in a year. I'm interested in what other labs are doing, if anyone would be so kind as to share their system I would greatly appreciate it. We do not have a secure signature system, so it can't be electronic.
>
> Thank you,
> Brandi Farris

Rob Day
Business Development
Folio Biosciences
1476 Manning Pkwy, Powell, Ohio 43065
Direct Line: 614-407-4547
Fax: 877-633-6442
skype: invasifspecies
http://foliobio.com

www.linkedin.com/in/robdaybiotech

This message, including any attachments, is confidential and may be privileged or may contain health information protected by state and federal law. Information and opinions expressed in this message and/or attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the company. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message from your system. Any use of this information by individuals other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

Visit my blogs here.