[Histonet] protocol for H&E staining of Lewy Bodies

Tyrone Genade tgenade at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:14:12 CDT 2015

Hello,

I'm currently using H&E to stain sections for Lewy bodies. I'm using Sigma
H&E solutions (
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/ht110316?lang=en&region=US
and
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/mhs16?lang=en&region=US).
The sections are immersed in the solutions 5 min for H and 4 min for E. At
4 min the staining was very intense so we tried it at 1 min which gave nice
bright collagen and erythrocyte in my fish sections. (Tissues were fixed in
Davidson's Fluid and paraffin imbedded.) We are now going to try 2
minutes... The H is also very intense so I will try a shorter staining
period as well.

Thanks
--
Tyrone Genade