[Histonet] Re: H. Pylori Testing

Bob Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 11:33:21 CDT 2015

>From the pathologist's viewpoint, immunohistochemical stains for
Helicobacter are much faster to read than are the old dye methods such as
Giemsa.

Ventana claims that you can break even with one of their stainers if you
produce 600 billable slides a year (unless they've changed that number - a
rep can tell you.

It's likely that we are going to get a lot more resistance in the future
from the third parties about paying for a Helicobacter stain done in
advance of the pathologist's looking at the slide. I'd think about that
before investing very much in anything.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN