[Histonet] Posting for colleague Please help

Pam Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Mon Apr 6 13:42:10 CDT 2015

I am currently trying to stain L6 vertebrae from rabbits. They have been decalcified and paraffin processed properly. I've tried cutting at both 5 and 10 microns and my tissue is still not sticking to my slides. I know my sectioning is fine because I'm successful with every other tissue I've ever sectioned and stained. For some reason the bone I'm using won't stick to any slides. I was using charged slides and I even tried poly-L-lysine slides, but the bone keeps coming up even before I attempted to stain them. I've even tried leaving them in the incubator for more than the usual 48-72 hours. I know it's possible to do other stains beside H&E on bone, but I think my main issue is just getting good contact between the tissue and slide. If you have any advice or thoughts, I would love to hear them.

I will get the messages to him ASAP.

Pam