[Histonet] Blades for cutting resin on a microtome

Jack Ratliff ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Sep 12 09:46:36 CDT 2014

Veronique,

May I ask what type of specimen is embedded into the JB-4 resin? Nevertheless, you should be able to cut these blocks using a tungsten-carbide knife. While there are a few vendors out there that sell these knives, in my laboratory I personally use knives re-sharpened by Delaware Diamond Knives (DDK). Please feel free to message me privately if you need further assistance as I have been working with resin embedded specimens for over 17 years.

I will also encourage you to reach out to Sarah Mack as she is the new Hard Tissue Committee Chairperson for the National Society for Histotechnology. You can find her contact information and additional information about the committee by visiting www.nsh.org!

Best Regards,

Jack Ratliff