[Histonet] subbing slides for floating brain sections

Bass, Caroline cebass <@t> buffalo.edu
Mon Sep 8 15:18:49 CDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

I typically used charged slides to mount my 50 um floating brain sections. However, these seem pricey and I remember subbing slides in the past. I most do DAB staining, native fluorescence and occasionally immunofluorescence. Can someone tell me a good and easy protocol for cleaning and subbing slides?

I currently have relatively old gelatin (7+ years?), Type B 225 bloom. Is this sufficient? A lot of protocols call for type A.

Thanks!

Caroline Bass
University at Buffalo