[Histonet] RE: Re: Working Saturday

Marcum, Pamela A PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu
Fri Oct 24 11:01:50 CDT 2014

We give a half day during the week for the half day worked on Saturday.  This ended the overtime.   Since we start at 4AM generally the person on call will have some day during the week they want to leave early.  Since we have the schedule up before the first of the month most can make appointments or personal things for that half day.  It cut down on time off during work hours and allowed us to only pay call pay if the person is needed during an overnight.  Our shifts start at 4AM and we close at 4:30PM so they only cove the open hours.

Pam Marcum

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Teri Johnson
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 10:52 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Working Saturday

I applaud labs who have moved away from Saturday rotations. But I'm really at a loss to understand how it cuts costs? Don't most of you shift your work week for your staff if filling a Saturday rotation? So long as you don't pay OT for a Saturday, wouldn't the costs be the same?

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Manager Clinical Trial Testing
Genoptix, Inc.
SAN5, Rm. 2005
760.516.5954 (office)
760.516.6201 (fax)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that is confidential and proprietary to Genoptix Medical Laboratory or its subsidiaries. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.