AW: [Histonet] Antibody deposit visualization

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Thu Oct 23 03:44:25 CDT 2014

Hi,
 I think this is comparable with IF for detecting human autoimmun antibodies
in skin or kidney.

The human immunglobulins are detected with an fluorochrome conjugated
antibody mouse-anti-human IgG (for example).
In your case it may be successful to stain with a goat-anti-xxx IgG / IgM
/IgA etc.

On human FFPE kidney we performed pretreatment with pepsin (3-5 min) and
then 30 min polyclonal anti-serum 1:10 and 1:20.

To show immunglobulin-deposits in the glomeruli you can perform a
trichrome-stain like MSB or SFOG. Protein deposits will be shown bright red,
but are not distinguishable in the kind of protein.

It will depend on the amount of deposit, I assume.

Hope this helps
Gudrun