[Histonet] Trichrome Kit Failures

Blake Taylor bcdukes <@t> lexhealth.org
Thu Oct 16 12:33:55 CDT 2014

Is anyone having Trichrome Kit Failures on the Ventana Benchmark Special Stainers.  We are running into Kits that present with 10 stains left but we are finding the mordant has actually run out and the stains will be all blue.  There is no way of knowing this will happen ahead of time.  The machine does not have an alert.  This has happened with different kits from different lot numbers.  Ventana is researching but they are telling us that no one else is experiencing this problem.  If anyone has run into similar problems I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Blake Taylor
Surgical Pathology Supervisor
Lexington Medical Center
803-936-8214
bcdukes <@t> lexhealth.org<mailto:bcdukes <@t> lexhealth.org>

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This electronic message and any attachments are confidential property of the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the person to whom it was addressed. Any other interception, copying, accessing, or disclosure of this message is prohibited. The sender takes no responsibility for any unauthorized reliance on this message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and purge the message you received. Do not forward this message without permission.