[Histonet] HT Certification

Jessica Phillips msjessicaphillips <@t> gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:46:14 CDT 2014

Hello all. I have been following histonet postings for the last year and I
just want to let everyone know how much I appreciate all of the
information. I am currently going through in house training for my
histotechnician certification at Stanford Medical Center. I am attempting
to make my study cards for the special stain portion of the examination and
I am having a little trouble. I see on ASCP's website a list of probable
stains on the exam but NSH's website also has a suggested list of stains
that should also be studied. NSH's list is longer and more involved and
while I understand that it is worth my while to know the theory behind all
of the staining on these two lists, I would like to know if anyone has an
opinion about which list is more relevant to passing the exam, if any. Any
type of comment is greatly appreciated. All of the histotechs in my lab
have taken the exam over 10 years ago and are not able to offer specifics.

Thanks much!

-Jessica