[Histonet] Re: Slide Consults

Bob Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:51:17 CDT 2014

Amber McKenzie (where?) asks: >>Would it be rude to ask other hospitals
that review my slides to NOT WRITE their accession number on the front of
my slides, but instead put their accession number on the back of my slides?
Sometimes, I get slides back that have stickers on the front under my
accession number or they'll hand write their accession number under mine.
 I feel like I should scribble out the other institution number so that it
doesn't confuse any of us refilling slides. What are your thoughts?  Would
anyone like to share their slide send out form?<<

Well, if you put the label on the back of the slide, it becomes very
difficult for me to move the slide under the microscope!

Surely it's time for us to get Whole Slide Imaging to replace mailing
slides around, now that the units have got down to about the price of a
good microscope. But at 75 I won't see it!

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN