[Histonet] Re: Request for Non-fluorescent Sealant

Michael Kent mkent <@t> dermpathlab.com
Wed Jun 11 10:30:13 CDT 2014

John,

I was recommended and have used black nail polish for FISH applications
without background.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Scott
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:43 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Request for Non-fluorescent Sealant

Hi John,

My company SciGene has a product called CytoBond Removable Coverslip
Sealant that was designed for use in FISH as replacement to rubber cement
for temporarily sealing of the coverslips during probe hybridization.
Customers tell us how much easier it is to remove as opposed to rubber
cement.

If you send me your details I can get a free sample out to you.  It is
usually completely removed (with no remainder left behind) during imaging
so I cannot provide feedback as to its autoflouresence over a spectral
range.

Paul Scott

Technical Sales Representative
SciGene
470 Lakeside Drive, Ste F,
Sunnyvale, CA
94085-4720
408-733-7337 x 305
pscott <@t> scigene.com <mailto:305pscott <@t> scigene.com>

Automating FISH and CMA Workflows
 <http://www.scigene.com/> www.SciGene.com

Hello, I am wondering if anyone would know of a sealant that is
non-fluorescent (or doesn't leak). I am using a biorad duo chamber slide
which has two slots for each chamber, I need to measure the fluorescence
of some sample but Rubber Cement and the nail polish I have tried have
both had some interfering fluorescence. Any help is appreciated!

-John