[Histonet] slide drying/curing before filing

Lake, Kim S kim-lake <@t> uiowa.edu
Wed Jun 4 12:30:33 CDT 2014

According to the Histonet archives, this hasn't been discussed for almost a decade.  How are labs drying/curing their slides before they are filed?

We are a small oral pathology laboratory and we hand-coverslip using Richard Allen mounting medium and glass coverslips.  After cases are signed out slides are placed in their cardboard folders in a 37C oven for at least a week, then are filed in metal slides drawers.

This works perfectly well, but we would like to simplify this, if possible.  A search of the archive showed a great deal of variation in slide drying protocol, I'm interested in hearing what everyone else is up to.  Of course, I'm hoping to get lots of people saying that they file all of last week's room temp slides on Monday morning and it works like a charm!

Thanks!

Kim Lake, MLS (ASCP)CM
Laboratory Manager
Oral Pathology Laboratory