[Histonet] Coverslip

Michael Ann Jones mjones <@t> metropath.com
Fri Jul 25 09:03:11 CDT 2014

We have found this to be a culmination of a couple of things:
Bad lot of tape from vendor
Drying slides before cover slipping
Too much xylene drip during coverslip (dilutes the glue stuff on the tape
allowing for weak adhesive)

We use Sakura cover slipping tape for more consistent quality and adjust
xylene drip accordingly and make sure slides do not sit out very long at
all as xylene from the stainer will evaporate (drying slides) rather
quickly.
Hope this helps.

Michael Ann Jones, HT (ASCP)
Histology Manager