[Histonet] HISTOPALOOZA April 25 - 27, 2014

Zimmerman, Billie BZIMMERM <@t> gru.edu
Fri Feb 14 12:31:59 CST 2014

I hope all of you wondered where I've been. I have survived the winter ice storm in Augusta, Georgia.  Let's just say if Jim Cantore, from the Weather Channel, arrives in your city, you know it's the kiss of death!   When I heard he had  arrived, I knew we were doomed.
But, I'm baaaack! Today's feature is a tag team, Jim and Theresa Burchette. Jim will be conducting a workshop titled "Immunohistochemical Detection of Infectious Diseases."  The brochure  says audience participation is encouraged.  I have no idea what that could mean.  It's either sharing of proper staining patterns  or how to hand  tie a tootie fruitie fly for fishing. Theresa's presentation is titled "Immunoreactivity in Normal Tissue".  This is an extremely helpful workshop for selecting and maintaining IHC tissue controls.
Both of these workshops will serve as great contact hours if you are wanting to maintain your QIHC or are interested in learning about IHC.  Jim and Theresa are both wonderful speakers and I promise you won't have to play candy crush under the table to stay awake.