[Histonet] RE: Mouse F4/80 antibody

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed Feb 12 15:58:50 CST 2014

I'll chime in here and state that we have used F4/80, iba-1, and CD68 for mouse macrophages, for CD68 we use the same clone as Ray is talking about we get that particular antibody from Serotec.  All work on FFPE tissues in our hands.

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308
(303) 682-3949 office
(303) 682-9060 fax
(303) 881-0763 cell
liz <@t> premierlab.com
www.premierlab.com

March 10, 2014 is Histotechnology Professionals Day

Ship to Address:

Premier Laboratory, LLC
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of koellingr <@t> comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:51 PM
To: pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Anna Hughes
Subject: Re: [Histonet] RE: Mouse F4/80 antibody

Hello, I agree anti-human CD68 might not be best for mouse tissue but there are specific mouse CD68 (the mouse homolog to human CD68) antibodies out there.  FA-11 is one of my favorites.  Have used both F4/80 and (rat anti-mouse CD68) on flow, frozens and FFPE.  Anna, a literature search gives you published  protocols.  I'm looking right now at a photo of some CD68+ macs staining on mouse tissues I took from years back.  Shows them nicely.  anti-mouse CD68 on mouse tissue is in the literature.

Ray
Seattle