[Histonet] Bouin's in microwave

Riesen, Rebecca Rebecca.Riesen <@t> hma.com
Wed Feb 12 14:53:33 CST 2014

Seems I've mis-spoken on this one.  I realize that Bouin's is only explosive when dried, but drying could occur during the process of  microwaving.  Also, we use Saturated picric acid for our mordant rather than Bouin's to also not have the exposure to the formalin fumes associated with another Bouin's Solution ingredient.  Yet another reason not to microwave "Bouin's".  Hopefully you have Great ventilation for your microwave if you choose to engage in this practice.

Rebecca S. Riesen, HT, ASCP
Histology Supervisor
PRHS Naples, FL
239-348-4327