[Histonet] RE: Lab power failures

Davis, Cassie CDavis <@t> che-east.org
Thu Dec 11 13:56:32 CST 2014

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:37:37 +0000
From: "Martin, Erin" <Erin.Martin <@t> ucsf.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Lab power failures
To: histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Good morning all! Would anyone mind sharing their plans for power failure? We have backup generator power on red plugs but my pathologists want a plan for what we would do if the power went out AND the backup generator failed.

Thanks for your help!

Erin

Erin Martin, Histology Supervisor
UCSF Dermatopathology Service
415-353-7248

Erin,

       "if the power went out AND the backup generator" , My question is under what circumstances are they expecting this to happen? That being said and not enough information, best answer would be send to another lab for processing to at least protect the integrity of the tissue for future testing until the electricity issue is resolved....

No electricity means no lights, fume hoods, so hand processing is out and you should not let the tissue sit in solutions that might jeopardize future staining longer than recommendation (eg.Her2) and they should state any variances of normal process in the report.

Cassandra Davis
CDavis <@t> che-east.org
302-575-8095

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Trinity Health and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.