[Histonet] Xylene substitute for processing GI biopsies

Lori Gemeinhardt loreli173 <@t> mac.com
Thu Apr 17 19:18:10 CDT 2014

Hi there!
I have spent a lot of time reading the archives, but still need some specific and current input/advice.
I'm interested in overnight processing for GI biopsies on a Tissue-Tek VIP with a xylene substitute.  I need insight on protocols, brands, effects on staining..... The good, the bad, the ugly. I have only used xylene in my many years of experience!  This is completely new (to me), and rather overwhelming.
It would be ideal to use the same substitute in the staining process, so any consideration with that is also appreciated.
I understand this has been discussed, at length in the past, and I apologize.... I am just hoping to zero in on the best case scenario as a starting point.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Lori