[Histonet] Problems with processors and dehydration

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 13:29:05 CDT 2014

sounds like you have been through the "drill" with this one. Did you already test the solutions with a hydrometer & carry over contamination? If the lines are clogging, I would guess things must be co-mingling,  intermixing and being flushed back into another station. If it skips stations, well no wonder the tissue is not processing. I wish I could see the tissue ( and instrument), but your description of the tissue when sectioning, makes me wonder if you have carry over of water in the graduated alcohols. Does the tissue float in the molten paraffin with little air bubbles sometimes if gently pressed?  No dehydration , no infiltration, will be spongy and pop or almost peel out.
Did they tell you what was sitting in the lines during rebuild?
I would just replace this thing- it is not worth losing patient tissue if it cannot be corrected after all this.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC