[Histonet] Bodian

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 09:35:10 CDT 2013

The fundamental problem with the Bodian stain is the silver protargol. Once you open your expensive bottle (only very few manufacturers of the powder) it starts to oxidize end in only a few days it is no longer able to react properly.
That is why I developed a procedure where you prepare your own silver protargol FRESH before every procedure. This, although sound difficult, it is not. Under separate cover I am sending you a publication I did on this method and I am sure you will overcome all your difficulties.
René J.

________________________________
From: Helene Degan <deganh <@t> upstate.edu>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:38 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Bodian

Hi
Thanks to every one that sent me Acid Phosphotase procedure for muscle biopsies. I also need some help with the bodian stain, we are not  getting any staining on the slides, we have a procedure that they used years ago and now we can't get it working (we did purchase new chemicals) and we also tried a stain kit with very little results.

Thanks again

Helene
Upstate Medical University