[Histonet] Water rinse for H&E's

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 09:50:32 CST 2013

I do not, but it seems that you need to use hot water. If it works for you, keep doing it.

The rationale behind this issue is that water after the staining is not just waterto wash the sections, but also to change the pH of the hematoxylin so the stain is, lets say, "developed" and this is a process temperature driven (the speed of the reaction is directly proportional to the temp.) and if you are having weak results with your running water (evidently cold) and good with hot water, this demonstrates that you need hot water in your specific circumstances.
I hope I explained myself
René J.

________________________________
From: "Pardue, Judith" <Judith_Pardue <@t> memorial.org>
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:38 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Water rinse for H&E's

Does anyone use hot water rinses on their h&e slides. If we use cold water our slides are very light and inconsistent.
We stain on an automatic stainer.

Judith Pardue
Histology Supervisor
Memorial Health Care System
judith_pardue <@t> memorial.org

This electronic mail and any attached documents are intended solely for the named addressee(s) and contain confidential information. If you are not an addressee, or responsible for delivering this email to an addressee, you have received this email in error and are notified that reading, copying, or disclosing this email is prohibited. If you received this email in error, immediately reply to the sender and delete the message completely from your computer system.