[Histonet] Lymph node retrieval solution

Douglas Porter doug.porter <@t> caplab.org
Fri Mar 29 10:41:50 CDT 2013

We use a 50/50 solution of Acetone and Alcohol.  It renders the fat somewhat
transparent and turns the lymph nodes white.  Keep in mind you need to fix
the specimen properly BEFORE you use this technique.  You will also need to
use 3 to 4 changes at about 15 minutes each.  Separate, pull apart, the
bigger pieces to get better penetration of the solution and stir after first
five minutes or so.  I routinely find 1mm lymph nodes this way.  Happy
hunting!

Douglas A. Porter, HT (ASCP)
Grossing Technician
IT Coordinator
Cancer Registrar

CAP-Lab, PLC
2508 South Cedar Street
Lansing, MI 48910-3138

517-372-5520 (phone)
517-372-5540 (fax)

doug.porter <@t> caplab.org

www.caplab.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, forwarding or capture of this communication is
please notify me immediately by return e-mail and delete this and all
copies. Thank-you.