[Histonet] Issues with Shandon Pathcentre

Lakshmi Kammili l.kammili <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 13:58:11 CDT 2013

Hi all,
 I have some issues with Shandon Pathcentre. Though the machine is kind of old it was very perfect in shape and running good.
 I am posting this request to see if any of other labs faced this issue before and if any one can give me suggestions.
It was running very fine and perfect, until it showed an error recently saying "temperature too high on rotary chamber". I checked the settings and it was on 35 which I assume is fine. All my waxes are also at fine temperature. I changed all the waxes and reagents to see if its a false sensor. But did not help. I changed the protocol also from 35 to ambient temperature, did not work.
I reset the memory completely , did not work. I tried calling some repair places like Dolbey-Jamison and few other places. Most of them say they dont work with this machine any more.
I would appreciate if any one can suggest me any advice, regarding handling the issue differently or if any one know a lab repair service who deals with this kind old machines is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Lakshmi Kammili,
Sr. Research Associate,
School of medicine and health sciences,