[Histonet] pH and temperature

Emily Sours talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 08:40:56 CST 2013

Hello!

Can someone explain why pH is temperature dependent?
Really, I'm just worried about pHing 4% paraformaldehyde at about 50
degrees Celsius.  If I wait until it cools down to room temp, the para
usually precipitates--I assume because the pH is off.
I know I could measure the pH at room temperature, but I'm not making para
anytime soon, and I just thought of this.
By the way, the pH we are aiming for is 7.2 to 7.4

Emily

"By bitching and bitching and bitching, they could exhaust the drama of
their own horror stories. Grow bored. Only then could they accept a new
story for their lives. Move forward."

-Chuck Palahniuk, "Haunted"