[Histonet] RE: Dragon users

Gray, Ed egray <@t> hsc.wvu.edu
Fri Jun 28 13:15:21 CDT 2013

We use Sennheiser RF sets in the gross room.  The sound quality is excellent and produce the best recognition of any wireless mike we've tried.  These were pretty much the only wireless option Nuance would recommend when we first started using Dragon several years ago. The cons are:
1.  The RF receiver is 21 x 10.5 x 3.5 cm with an external antenna and power supply, not huge but significant compared to a USB Bluetooth adapter.
2.  You are wired to a transmitter which is not terribly large or heavy but a wire to your belt/pocket none-the-less.
3.  They are battery hogs and quality drops rapidly once the indicator goes below 50%.
4.  They were expensive when we bought them.  I think they were over $300.00.  We bought some replacement headsets at one point...also expensive.  They have held up very well though.

Ed Gray | Pathology IT Analyst | Phone: 304-293-2945 | Fax 304-293-1627 | WVU Healthcare l egray <@t> wvuhealthcare.com

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:23:06 +0000
From: Nancy Schmitt <Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Dragon users
To: "Histonet (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)"

Hi All-

we are using Dragon Enterprise and currently using Plantronics wireless headsets - does anyone have any experience with other wireless microphone options?

Thanks for your input-

NancySchmitt

Dubuque, IA

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any attachments. Thank you.