[Histonet] making 10 % EDTA

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Wed Jun 26 14:46:49 CDT 2013

The molecular weight of the EDTA will vary depending on chemical makeup - regardless, the solution you have is probably less than 10% already.  EDTA tri-sodium salt with MW 358 at 0.25 M is 89.5 g per liter or 8.95 g per 100 ml or 8.95%.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kimberly Tuttle
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:37 PM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] making 10 % EDTA

Hi Histonetters,

I have purchased a liquid EDTA solution that is .25M. I need to make 10% EDTA.  Do I just dilute it 1/10 with DI water?

Thanks

Kimberly C. Tuttle  HT (ASCP)
Pathology Biorepository and Research Core University of Maryland Room NBW58, UMMC
22 S. Greene St
Baltimore, MD 21201
Pager#5029
(410) 328-5558
(410) 328-5508 fax
https://cf.umaryland.edu/freezer/promo_pbr.cfm

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments may be privileged, confidential, contain protected health information about an identified patient or be otherwise protected from disclosure. State and federal law protect the confidentiality of this information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient; you are prohibited from using, disclosing, reproducing or distributing this information; you should immediately notify the sender by telephone or e-mail and delete this e-mail.