[Histonet] Adenovirus Tissue Controls Needed

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Tue Jun 25 12:31:40 CDT 2013

I do IHC for Adenovirus in my laboratory.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> Roger Heyna <rheyna <@t> lumc.edu> 6/25/2013 12:53 PM >>>
We have been using tissues from an old autopsy case as our adenovirus IHC controls, and we are nearly out. I am not able to find another adenovirus case within our institution that we can use for controls.

Does anyone know a vendor that supplies these controls? Also, is there a reference lab that performs this test via IHC? Our usual three reference labs do not offer this stain. And lastly, if anyone has extra adenovirus-infected tissues, would you be willing to send us some? We would be willing to pay for it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Roger
Maywood, IL