[Histonet] Cholesterol

Sarah Dysart sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com
Thu Jun 20 11:13:16 CDT 2013

Has anyone ever done work with cholesterol receptors?  Specifically APoB and E?  Wondering if there is a specific IHC or special that will stain for these?  I know Oil Red would stain all the fat, but they are wanting more of the affinity of each cell to uptake the cholesterol (ie the receptors).  Can you get as specific as APoB or do you have to stay general as in the LDL type antibodies?
Just throwing it out there to see if there is any insight while I google my day away on the subject =)
Thanks in advance, and happy Thursday!!

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP), QIHC (ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics
2150 Woodward Street
Suite 100