[Histonet] RE: Her 2

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Jun 20 10:28:53 CDT 2013

Not looking to publish anything or do any study. I will be doing the tests already.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:32:26 -0700
From: rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Histonet] RE: Her 2
To: joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

This is a very god idea, but I think you should first review the literature because I am quite sure that this type of study has already been done.
I suggest you to contact CAP about this issue before embarking on such a study that will have to have an experimental design including the sample size and all the variables that could affect it such as fixatives and fixation times; processing protocols and reagents as well as all the different clones that can be used. Also all the variables affecting the FISH results. This will also be an extremely costly project so you will have to seek a sponsor or get written consent from your employer to avoid problems down the road.
This is why I think that you should review first the literature.
René J.