[Histonet] Mixing Paraffin Brands

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed Jun 19 15:08:58 CDT 2013

That's what we do and we do not have any issues with bone, we use paraplast to infiltrate and paraplast extra to embed in.

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308
(303) 682-3949 office
(303) 881-0763 cell
(303) 682-9060 fax
liz <@t> premierlab.com

Ship to address:

Premier Laboratory, LLC
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Debra Siena [DSiena <@t> statlab.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:29 PM
To: Lucie Guernsey; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Mixing Paraffin Brands

Hi Lucie,

Paraplast Plus has DMSO and Paraplast Xtra doesn't.  It may be best to infiltrate with the Plus which is softer and then embed with the Paraplast Xtra which is a bit harder.  I don't usually recommend mixing them especially if you only have a few bags.  Thanks

Debbie Siena
800.442.3573 ext. 229 | www.statlab.com