[Histonet] Mixing Paraffin Brands

Jack Ratliff ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:51:59 CDT 2013

Pedro,
I have been using a superb method from Bob Skinner for all my decalcified bone work. Basically, I infiltrate with 50% TissuePrep from Fisher Scientific and 50% EM400 from Leica. I then embed in straight EM400. I personally feel that I get good infiltration and I never have had a problem with my bone cutting. (knocking twice on wood....LOL) I might also mention that I decalcify with 5% formic acid and clear after dehydration using methyl salicylate instead of xylenes.
Jack

Jack L RatliffOwner/Histologist, Ratliff Histology Consultants, LLCChairman, Hard Tissue Committee - National Society for Histotechnology