[Histonet] Blade Rationing

Cindy Pyse cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com
Tue Jun 18 11:36:50 CDT 2013

There is no reason to cut quality of the slides by rationing blades. You
have just made your techs job harder, which will effect TAT and now will
probably get numerous recuts not to mention phone calls from the pathologist
reading the slides. I tell my techs use what you need. I purchase them the
accu-edge blades so for me cost is not an issue. But this is coming from a
tech turned manager so my stand is a little different.
Cindy

Cindy Pyse CLT, HT(ASCP)
Laboratory Manager
X-Cell Laboratories of WNY
20 Northpointe Parkway Ste 100
Amherst, NY 14228
716-250-9235 Ext. 232
cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Teresa Moore
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 5:11 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Blade Rationing

I work in a hospital, there are three of us on this particular shift and we
cut approx. 200 blocks, give or take a few.  Our histo lab manager is
telling us we should only be using one pack of blades (50 per pack) a month.
I'm wondering what other techs think of this especially lab managers and
supervisors.

tmoore9k <@t> gmail.com