[Histonet] Histology Lab Plan

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 10:33:27 CDT 2013

You know exactly what you want.
Why don't you ask the person who is going to draw the plans for your new lab (we do not know the size of the layout you have) to include what you need.
The flow you describe is OK, but do not try to put it in a continuous because it will not be adequate.
Imagine like a "U"; start (as you point out) with accessioning, continue further some steps, turn around and end side by side where you started BUT finish not with a histology task, but in the area where the pathologists are that is where your slides are destined to end.
René J.

From: ADESUPO ADESUYI <adesupo2002 <@t> hotmail.com>
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:10 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Histology Lab Plan

Hi,
    We are in the process of moving the histology lab from the present building to a new one. I will appreciate it if you guys in histo land could help me with the layout plan taking lean into consideration. I mean the plan to start from Accessioning , Gross, Tissue Processors,Embedding Center, Microtomy, Routine Stainer, Special Stainer, Ventana XT and Ultra.
  Thank you for your usual cooperation.

  Thanks,
Adesupo