[Histonet] Shandon Excelsior Tissue Processor

Marcum, Pamela A PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu
Thu Jun 13 06:05:48 CDT 2013

Since we have some power issues here and 4 Excelsiors (no problems with them on  this issue) we have UPS units on all of our computerized equipment.  We did this due to issues in other areas of the lab and decided it was safer than taking a chance and being down.  We bought Powervar and I think the suggested units were around $2,000 to $3,000 each with one unit serving two processors.  Other sites in Little Rock who have some of the same power issues have had problems.

Pam Marcum
UAMS

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Tony Henwood (SCHN) [tony.henwood <@t> health.nsw.gov.au]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:40 PM
To: 'Velez, Vanessa'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Shandon Excelsior Tissue Processor

Vanessa,

We installed an Eaton 9130 UPS unit with a SSFIO Surge Protector.

Cost under $1,500 Australian.

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA