[Histonet] FISH controls

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 12:53:58 CDT 2013

Hi Liz,

We do use cell line controls.  We use HS578T for our cutoff control (in the
equivocal range 1.8-2.2).  This control usually scores at 1.8-2.0.  We also
use MDA-MB-231 as our negative control which usually gives a score of
1.0-1.1.  Both of these can be purchased from ATCC.  These are the same
cell lines that are mentioned in the PathVysion HER2 FISH product insert as
the controls that Abbott sells.  You can purchase the cell line from ATCC,
grow it up, and make your own cell blocks.. or purchase control slides from
Abbott.

We ran 55 cases during validation and got over 95% concordance with FISH
performed at an outside lab.

Mark