[Histonet] 10% NBF classified as non-haz waste

Jonathan Cremer Jonathan.Cremer <@t> med.kuleuven.be
Wed Jun 5 01:07:40 CDT 2013

Tell your division safety group to stick their nose in a 10% NBF waste bottle and take a few deep breaths. Make sure you get it on video, so we can have a laugh.
---
Jonathan Cremer
Laboratory Technician
TARGID - KU Leuven

Gasthuisberg CDG; Labo Experimentele Immunologie; Herestraat 49 bus 811; 3000 Leuven; Belgium

Van: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] namens Jackie O'Connor [b427297 <@t> aol.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 5 juni 2013 4:12
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Onderwerp: [Histonet] 10% NBF classified as non-haz waste

Did I miss something?  My division safety group has instructed me to consider used 10% NBF as non-hazardous waste. Do I need to get out more, or is it still toxic and a potential carcinogen?  Can I add it to beer again to get that nice foamy head like in "Good Morning Vietnam"? After all, it's non-hazardous.