[Histonet] Electron Microscopy protocols

Joel Haas joel.haas <@t> gladstone.ucsf.edu
Wed Jun 5 00:29:55 CDT 2013

Hello all,
    I am working on developing an electron microscopy protocol for looking
at lipid droplets in cultured cells. We have used thin section TEM
previously and found that the morphology of the droplets is often deformed
(should be spherical, shows up as egg shaped or lumpy). If possible we
would like to avoid these types of preservation artifacts. Does anyone have
suggestions for adapting the protocol to better preserve these types of
structures--a triglyceride lipid core surrounded by a phospholipid
monolayer?

Thanks in advance,
Joel