[Histonet] Sections

Martin, Gary gmartin <@t> marshallmedical.org
Tue Jul 23 13:46:30 CDT 2013

One of our pathologist has requested a change in the way we cut GI
specimens.  We presently put three levels on one slide. Exp.  we face
the block, cut a ribbon and take one section of that ribbon and catch on
the slide. We then progress into the block and repeat the process until
we have three levels on the slide.  The new suggestion is to simply face
the block, create a ribbon, and take three to four section of that
ribbon and that's it no more progression into the block.  The thinking
is that the Pathologist will see what they need to in those levels, and
if not they will call for "deepers". I have never cut like this and just
wanted to hear some thoughts on this method.

Thanks

Gary