[Histonet] Oil red O stain on formalin fixed liver

Dmborel dmborel <@t> aol.com
Mon Jan 28 13:10:12 CST 2013

We have an autopsy on a young child.  I have a working diagnosis of possible Reye's syndrome and need an Oil Red O stain on a section of formalin fixed liver (not processed) to confirm microvesicular hepatic steatosis.  Does anyone do this stain, and could I send the tissue or unstained slides for you to perform the stain and send islides back for me to interpret?  I can provide a bone marrow smear to use as a positive control slide, pay shipping both directions and a technical fee.

Thank you,

David M. Borel, M.D.
Pathology Services, P.A.
Topeka, KS