[Histonet] FISH baking and dewaxing

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:39:15 CST 2013

The package insert for PathVysion (HER2 FISH) says to bake overnight at 56
degrees C.  We never do this and our signals are clear, bright, and
punctate.  Many of the slides are just air-dried.  Some are baked for about
20 minutes and I don't notice any difference between them.  I wonder if I
would see a difference with overnight baking...

The aging step we use for cytology preps to be FISHed is 2 minutes in 2x
SCC at 73 degrees C before protease digestion.  I didn't know extended
baking was considered an aging step for tissue sections to be FISHed.
 Thanks Gudrun!