Re: [Histonet] RE: Yahoo link

wsimons <@t> athensgastro.com wsimons <@t> athensgastro.com
Wed Dec 4 08:26:48 CST 2013

I agree!
If everyone adheres to safe practices we will make it into our "golden years".
Let's bring back our NSH health studies~  Vivian McClure would love for us to continue the studies.
Mike Ayers and Shirley Powell have been my mentors through the years (36 plus years for me)
Thank you Mike,Shirley, and Billie Swisher....and all my NSH "angels" that paved the way for us "HistoKids"

Now everyone take a walk and get a breath of fresh air~

Wanda
The Original HistoKid

Morken, Timothy [Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org]
>  Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 11:22 AM
>  To: 'Shirley A. Powell'; Histonet
>  Subject: [Histonet] RE: Yahoo link
>
>  Well, Shirley, you are actually an Angel, so nothing will ever stop you!! (from an old Georgia Society hand).
>
>  Tim Morken
>  Supervisor, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
>  UC San Francisco Medical Center
>  San Francisco, CA

Of Shirley A. Powell
>  Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 9:18 AM
>  To: Histonet
>  Subject: [Histonet] Yahoo link
>
>  When I entered the profession I was told the average life expectancy of a histotechs was 20 years from
hiring.  That scared me but I was already hooked.  I have been doing this 51 years, so maybe good laboratory
practices can help, in spite of bad ventilation and all those other dangers mentioned.

>  Shirley Powell
>  Antique Histotech

Of Paula Pierce

(histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
>  Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:24 AM
>  Subject: [Histonet] RE: Yahoo link
>

>  Great. Just what we need.
>

>  Even so, we in the business can take these lists with a grain of K4[Fe(CN) 6] * 3H 2 O since we know that
suitable precautions preclude most of the danger. For instance, I'll have to say that the histo lab here is wonderful in
that it has such good ventilation (ie.,  extraction) that there is none of the usual chemical smell - no xylene, alcohol,
specials chemicals that often assaults the senses in histology. Vendors that come here are amazed.

>  Tim Morken
>  Supervisor, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
>  UC San Francisco Medical Center
>  San Francisco, CA

Of Mike Tighe